Sunday, August 30, 2009

General Health Insurance Questions

FAQs

How do I obtain health insurance?

Are there government sponsored programs?

Can a health insurance company or health service plan cancel my policy for membership for any reason?

What is a health insurance policy?

Can the insurer or plan cancel or rescind at any time?

What if the insured lied about a heart attack?

Can I cancel my health insurance, and will there be a penalty or adverse consequence?

If I think certain words in my policy mean something different from what my insurance company says they mean, how do we resolve it?

If I cancel do I get my unused premium back?

How does an insurance policy ‘protect’ me?

Are there dangers in cancelling health insurance?

What will happen to our health insurance for my dependent children and I after the divorce from their father?

What are typical problems that arise in getting health care benefits provided or paid?

My father who has conjestive heart failure and type 2 diabetes recently underwent a quintuple heart bypass. His medical bills are staggering and he has no health insurance. Short of filing bankruptcy, what are his options in getting these amounts reduced?

What can, or must, I do when a health insurance company or plan refuses to pay a claim or provide a benefit or service?

How long will my medical insurance allow my new baby and myself remain in the hospital following childbirth?

Are there any limitations on what an insurance company can charge for insurance?

What is the appeals and grievance process like?

What to Ask Insurance Salespeople When Buying a Medical Insurance Policy

What is a health insurance plan?

I currently am on worker's compensation. Can my employer make me pay for my own health insurance while I'm off?

How does a health insurance policy or health plan protect me?

What are my legal remedies if a health insurance company or plan refuses to pay a claim for a benefit or service?

How do I determine what my health care coverage or benefits are?

Would I need a lawyer to handle my case?

Suppose the contract or booklet is ambiguous or unclear?

What is health insurance?

What are ‘definitions,’ ‘benefits,’ ‘limitations,’ and ‘exclusions?’

What is private indemnity insurance?

Are there any government agencies that regulate how health insurance companies or plans operate?

What are health care maintenance organizations?

Will one of these many agencies be able to help me?

What about employer sponsored plans?

0 comments: